Friday, June 17, 2011

The Suits have left the Building

Is this the best time to be playing D&D or what?  I mean right now - in 2011.  If you're reading this blog, chances are you're a gamer, and you like the older styles of Dungeons & Dragons.  And this is the best time to be playing old school Dungeons & Dragons… ever.  And tomorrow is going to be even better than today.

We've got the freedom to write about how we play, to publish the kind of books we like, and to buy the books we like that other folks are publishing.  The suits are gone - long live old school D&D.  Let's enjoy the bounty.  I'm enjoying the bounty.

And just cause I don't see as he gets near enough kudos, I want to throw a shout James's way for continuing to publish OSR News on The Underdark Gazette, without which I wouldn't know about half as much of the awesome stuff being put out by we gamers.  Now that it's completely our game.  Can I get an Amen, or a So Say We All?